BE VERY WARY OF DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY - DO NOT RECOMMEND
I'm SUPER generous, normally, with my reviews. I had even had a pretty decent experience with a previous 15-minute service call with them and had given a 5* review. We then tried to book them in again for a fridge repair and WOW was it ever bad.
We had so many problems with Maple Leaf (and Vlad specifically).
First was trying to even book the service. The receptionist would cut you off awkwardly mid-sentence and then act annoyed when she was corrected.
When we finally got the service booked:
1) Repair guy shows up outside the hours we were told he'd be here.
2) Investigates the issue and tells us it will be expensive ($2500 for LABOUR for a 4-5 hour repair, plus a $350 part).
3) Says the part has no ETA. "Could be months" was what he literally said.
4) It comes time for him to leave and he tries to charge me, despite not being able to fix the issue. Maple Leaf claims on their web site if they can't fix it, you don't pay. When I bring this up, he suddenly is able to get an ETA of 4-5 days for the part.
5) I pay the service call fee and ask for an invoice for the proposed work. Repair man sends me a 6-word email with rough dollar amounts.
As I've seen Vlad say to numerous dissatisfied customers on here, they should have reached out to him. So I reached out to him.
Initially he was very polite. Apologized and told me he was refunding the service fee and that I should see it in a couple days on my card. Said he could book me in with his senior repair man December 23 (9 days later, but okay) and that appointment would be free as well. Pretty good start! Only the refund never came and the appointment had never been made. By the time Vlad actually looked at booking the appointment it was now for December 26.
At this point he asks me to change my review. I say I won't change my review until our business has been concluded.
He even reached out to me to see if I received the refund (that he never sent). I say no and say I'll let him know when it does. A few more days pass and still no refund, so I email Vlad with that information. He tells me he "cancelled the refund" because he thought I'd want to "put it towards the cost of the service" for the appointment on the 26th. I informed him that I was not pleased with him changing things yet again and asked him to refund the money as he claimed he would. I informed him that I'd updated this review and somehow the refund was able to happen immediately this time - but he had the gall to accuse me of trying to manipulate him with the review.
This review is 100% accurate and contains exactly what happened between Vlad and myself. There is no manipulation involved and I've cancelled the appointment with Maple Leaf and will never use them again. I recommend you look elsewhere for your appliance repair needs.