I cannot in good faith recommend this company to anyone and in fact many of my neighbors that have asked for the company name I did not provide them the info as I do not want to responsible for causing them grief. The facts of my experience are below:
- Signed a contract to purchase the door in late October 2021. Delivery date on the contact was February 2022. Door was not installed until early April 2022 after multiple delays.
- During the installation the home alarm censor was not removed from the old door and now my home alarm is disabled until I get that fixed at my cost
- The video door bell was installed upside down. I had to reinstall once the installer left
- Once the installer left I noticed that the door had 4 small scratches on the inside. I am guessing the installer scratched the door when installing the lock and handset. Worse case scenario it came from the factory like that.
- Yesterday about month after the install I noticed that the weather stripping at the bottom of the door is torn and coming apart. I called Dodds to place a repair request and I was told (and I am not making this up) 'our repairman has left the country for a month so we cannot schedule someone to come out until July' My reply ' you only have the one?' Answer 'Yes' I was not sure how to respond to that but laugh and agree to have someone contact me
The door does look good but my concern now is how long is it going to last. Once the warranty is done I can't imagine I would get any help from this company at that point.
Going to be placing another review for a garage door that I purchased at the same time but has yet to be installed...