Within a couple of hours of calling our home insurance company and letting them know of our neighbours car destroying the bricks and side door around our garage, Burke's sent Alan to look at the damage and another company late on a Friday evening to clean up the debris, secure everything and make our home feel protected again.
In the coming weeks, Burke's and its great team, along with specialty contractors and engineers came in and brought our house back to a condition it would be hard for an average person to see any damage was done. This included:
- Reframing the structure
- Redoing the electrical work in the damaged area
- Bringing in a structural engineer to file a work permit with the city and who would come to review the work several times
- Rebricking the exterior, and ensuring the tinting matched a 30-year-old colour
- Ensuring the security system was working at all times and re-installing the side door intercom system
- Getting new matching side door and garage window to match the rest of the house
- Drywalling and matching paint in the interior of the garage and home where damage was done.
- Getting an awning/aluminum contractor to reinstall the damaged areas with new aluminum, also matching 30y/o colour schemes.
Great work all around. Plus they keep the work site clean every day before leaving. Everyone was licensed, easy to speak to, and respectful to the property. Best of all, when Burke's said they would come, they came on time --- so we were not waiting around needlessly.