100% recommend. Before I decided on Magic Window Innovations, I researched to no end, the pros and cons of all different types of windows and window manufacturers - after all, this is a big spend, I'm meticulous, and I don't believe in paying for garbage. I also knew I absolutely didn't want standard vinyl windows (that represent 99% of the window offerings out there) that warp and fail over a short time. I decided on Magic Window Innovations because:
1) The composite vinyl frame reinforced with aluminum and steel offered strength and longevity, is rust and rot resistance, and virtually maintenance free (unlike wood or fiberglass which have their own issues). This is backed by their amazing warranty.
2) The company makes their own windows A N D installs them. Windows will only perform properly over time if installed correctly, so I decided against an ad hoc window installer that installs "off the shelf windows", even if those "off the shelf" windows were "high end". Magic Window Innovations does not subcontract out.
3) The company was able to customize everything about my windows, including size, colour, window grills (simulated divided light) which I was very specific on in terms of thickness and look, and solar panels. I ordered black exterior on black interior double casement windows with a double hung look, which is exactly what I wanted.
4) The price was not the most expensive nor cheapest quote I received, but was excellent value for money in terms of product received. The price I list is tax-in, for full house of windows including basement, custom colour on exterior and interior, including one three-panel window wall with solar shade. Definitely would recommend a window wall in lieu of a standard sliding door or french door - really aesthetically pleasing and extremely functional to boot. So many more combinations and uses!
5) No mesh screens unless you need them. Super easy to self-clean windows from the inside of your home.
6) Made in Canada by Canadians.
7) Excellent and numerous reviews on Homestars and Google, which has never failed me.
Our sales rep Daniel was great: easy to deal with and didn't waste my time. There was no hard-sell tactic which I truly appreciated, and he provided to me a printed quote - fully itemized - to keep. He was super patient and accommodating with all the contract revisions I had. When I went to visit the showroom, everyone was so friendly, and knowledgeable, explaining the granular details of the window parts to me which helped me to configure the grills exactly how I wanted. I even got a tour of the manufacturing facility and was super impressed. The installation crew was A+++, windows were installed in three days (window manufacturing took 8 weeks plus a few more weeks attributable to Covid delay), the grounds were cleaned up beautifully, and they provided me with a thorough tutorial of how to properly operate the windows and window wall. The entire experience was seamless and efficient.
The features I love most about my windows are the crank-less operation, no mesh screens, and how they've completely changed and updated the look of my home (we've received so many compliments so thank you Magic Windows!). I've also noticed general wind and road noise reduction, my house is "brighter" due to retracting mesh screens, and I'm sure I will have energy savings too.
100% more than extremely happy with my decision to go with Magic Window Innovations. No complaints at all. Check out the before and after photos!