Called #Hermanos Roofing also known as Jonny Shingles to come look at my roof. Guy by name Jonathan shows up, checks roof and says I need a new roof. I pay $250 for the roof diagnostics/inspection.
He draws up a contract two days later and I pay him an advance by cheque of $2712 which represents 40% of full payment. I change my mind next day after issuing cheque, informs him and he agrees to pay my money back, but he still goes ahead and deposits the cheque at his bank.
Check clears from my bank and he maintains that the cheque hasn’t cleared at his, and that it'll take 5 business days. Patiently I wait, 5 business days turns into 10 business days as he says he is still 'waiting' for the check to clear at his bank.
I press on and he admits Cheque has cleared, except he now tells me categorically, that he will not refund me the full $2712, he initially says there is $200 cancellation fee, which I reluctantly agree even though the contract has no mention of such a fee upon cancellation.
Then $200 cancellation fee suddenly becomes $1200 fee for ‘re-stocking and all what not..’ I vehemently say no way!!, we go back and forth and he eventually pays $2000 and agreeing to pay the remaining balance the following week. This is after I threaten to take this up with the CRA, for an item of detail in his contract that represents illegal practice.
Fast forward to following week, Hermanos Roofing also known as Jonny Shingles refuses to pay my money. How do you keep payment for work that was never done in the first place? And additionally cannot keep your word?
Such a shady and untrustworthy way of dealing. I mean it when I say that I will go above and beyond to get my money back and make sure no one ends up with a similar experience. Take your business elsewhere and avoid at all cost.
- Company Response
We apologize deeply , but you forgot to mention on how I wanted to give you back the cheque and asked for an etransfer ... I'm not sure why you couldn't do that , saying that you were to busy .
My bank simply did a hold on it ... to insure there were funds in you're account .
I then etrasnfered you 2000 immediately when it got released . I also told you about cancleation fees and re stocking fees because I went ahead and purchased material . You were 100 percent on board - but because you're neighbour was getting another quote you basically told me you don't want to proceed 2 days later ... if my defence . You asked for my service . I provided . I told you the solution , I didn't force anything upon you . I went out of my way 3 different occasions to Guelph when I'm located to Kitchener .
You agreed upon getting you're roof done, signed documents because it was a commitment . gave me a cheque .
There fore the time , gas , that you wasted for me was accountanted for .
Along with you threatened me , put my address on this site which is inappropriate , made false accusation on Facebook saying you paid for service , and didn't receive .
You did nothing but , slander and discredit .
If there is anything we can do to come to an understanding please contact me .