Made the worse decision ever to hire Clinton (Baychoo Contracting) to renovate our house.
Various reasons to come to this conclusion:
1) Commitment of 3-4 weeks stretched to over 8 months. Yes, that’s right!! He’s been in our house for more than 8 months now and still haven’t finished the work that he promised. Guess what the work involved was!! Kitchen and 2 bathroom renos, yes that’s it. Before starting the work Clinton assured us that he has a lot of Contractors working for him so he will make sure he has someone working in our house all the time. But nope, someday there used to be only him working, and too once in a week, may be for an hour or two. That’s it!
2) Paid him around $22000 for the work whenever he asked for money, for which he promised to provide Invoices. However, no invoices provided till date. Followed up several times but kept saying next time. One day finally we told him we would like to know where our money was spent. And guess what, what he had to say?? He said he lost the invoices. Is he really serious about this?? How can you take money from your client on the promise of providing the receipts and lose the invoices? How irresponsible can someone get.
3) Promised to fix our main door and guess how long he delayed it, 3 months, yes, that’s right. Took him more than 3 months to fix our MAIN door.
4) He started finishing our basement without even providing us the quote how much it is going to cost us.
5) Have posted the pictures of the poor quality of work that he’s done. Poor work in the kitchen, ceiling unfinished, bathroom tiles grout is so unprofessionally done, feels I could have done it better myself, bathroom paint is unfinished.
Finally, we had to ask him to leave our property as couldn’t deal with him and his unprofessionalism anymore. Now, we have to find someone else to clear all the mess he has created/left.
Good luck hiring BAYCHOO CONTRACTING / CLINTON.
- Approximate cost of services: