We initially purchased a Toto concealed comfort height elongated toilet (Carlyle) to be installed in the 2nd floor upstairs master bathroom. Due to Plumbing pre-existing it would have been cost prohibitive to install as it would require breaking up the main floor ceiling and revising existing Plumbing lines. The toilet is NOT custom and has the standard 12-inch setup.
We were able to get the toilet installed on the 1st floor main floor powder bathroom where the plumbing could be accessible from the basement which was unfinished under the powder bathroom.
The cost was $400 for the concealed toilet install and $450 for the plumbing work all before HST taxes.
Our only small complaints were
1) that during the quote, which included removal of existing 2-piece toilet, we were told that the toilet would be dismantled into the 2 pieces so that the city (York Region) would pick it up as part of our normal garbage pick up. And that was part of the "removal" service. However, the toilet was not dismantled. I'm sure the Company would have sent someone to do it, but I was able to figure it out and use a tool that didn't quite fit to do the job. I just think that the work should have been done initially as promised. It should be noted that removal does not include removal off the property as that's an add on.
2) there was some pink Fibreglass Insulation in the unfinished basement area removed to do the plumbing in the basement ceiling for the main floor powder bathroom. It was left on top of the water heater so I'm not sure if that's a fire hazard or where/how to put the insulation back.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Company Response
Hello Elwin, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are happy to hear of the excellent service provided by our team! We thrive in providing quality services to all of our customers. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!