We had an old Lennox Elite furnace and a York AC, both 19-year old. Both were in working condition, so we were in no hurry to replace them.
Therefore, we had the luxury to thoroughly research the options for buying new equipment. We got quotes from over 10 companies with prices ranging from $5100 to $9700 for the same equipment (we made sure we compared apples to apples).
Most of the companies we contacted were very serious and they sent a representative to visit our home for making sure their recommendations would properly suit the house. All of these visitors were sales people.
In general, the sales people who visited us, were professional and wanted to get our business. There is only one company whose sales person tried to employ scare tactics, telling us that anyone else’s installers are not qualified.
Long story short, we selected Quality Breeze. These are just a few reasons why:
1. Their sales expert, Eric, was nothing short of amazing. He was never trying to push us. He is probably the most patient sales person I have ever met.
2. Eric was more of a project manager for us, than a sales person. He was connected with us throughout the whole experience, he arranged the home audit, he was continually in touch with the installers and overall showed a level of care that we have never experienced before.
3. Quality Breeze was the only company who, as part of the quoting process, sent not only the sales person, but also the installer, to assess the house and plan the work to be done. Because of that, when the work was actually performed, Dave, the gas fitter, knew exactly what had to be done.
4. The price was excellent. At $5350 for a Lennox Elite Two Stage with Variable Speed Blower and also a Lennox AC, this was the second best price. The best price was from a different company at $5100, but, when pressed on details, they added more costs for installing our thermostat (that we bought), for replacing the AC lines and more. Also, the other company did not provide a clear path for navigating the home rebate program.
5. Eric provided a white glove experience for us. He took care of everything. He sent us a home auditor who gave us the best advice for insulating our house, to maximize the rebates of the home rebate program from our gas company.
6. Quality Breeze offered a warranty for labour that is double of what everyone else in the business offers.
The installation was painless. Dave and his colleague installed both the furnace and the AC in 6 hours. They needed to drill another hole through the house wall for the intake pipe for the furnace. They also connected an Ecobee 4 thermostat to the furnace.
At the end, they took the time to check the system and correct some of the problems in our duct system. Also, explained to us how the new equipment works.
I can easily tell that Dave did a great job, because the difference between the temperature in the basement and the one registered on the second floor is under 1 degree Celsius. Before the difference was sometimes 7-degree. This is a huge accomplishment, that changed our life for the better!
Going back to the home auditor, among another things, he explained that we would benefit from adding insulation to our attic.
We spent 2 weeks researching the attic insulation methods, products and companies. In the end, Eric won this business also! His price was, by far, the best!
The insulation service was fast and painless. The auditor told us that they added 2” more insulation than what was required!
Overall, we are extremely satisfied with Quality Breeze services and recommend it with no reserve to anyone interested in this type of services.
Eric thank you very much! Also thank you for the Tim Hortons card and for the portable humidifier. I am taking with me in all my trips to condition the air in the hotel rooms!