We signed a contract with A&A Reno, owned by Hamza to renovate our main floor bathroom on July 27, 2023. The work was to start on Aug 1st, to be completed in 5 business days.
Hamza came in on August 2, 2023 demolished the existing bathroom walls fixtures etc. in a few days and then disappeared for many days. He kept on giving dates and did not turn up to work. We took leave from work waiting for him to come over and complete the work. Most of the days he did not turn up and the days he turned up, he come late in the evening, worked for an hour or so and would take off. The delay to the work went on till September 20, 2023 ie. 50 days. Besides the delays, from whatever work he has done, the following are our experience.
1. The shower floor leaked to the floor below as water proofing was not done properly, he came back and stopped the leak with silicone instead of waterproofing it.
2. Shower floor does not slope properly towards the drain and water stands stagnant on the floor.
3. Instead of an elongated bowl he installed a small round toilet.
4. Promised to replace the defective handheld shower holder but did not.
5. Fixed the vanity to the wall with silicone instead of bracket or brace, left a big hole in the wall where the pipes come out. When asked to fix the wall, he got wallpaper and covered the holes
6. Construction Debris and Garbage was left on site, was not disposed as per the Contract.
He asked for money every few days to purchase materials, pay plumber, and electrician, which we paid as we wanted the work to be completed. On September 20th he came and told us that he is not able to fix/correct and complete the work and asked us to get someone else to complete the work, and he would pay the new contractor. As we were not sure that Hamza would pay the new contractor, we negotiated and agreed for a refund. The dates he promised have long gone and we have not received any refund.
Upon searching on HomeStars for A&A Reno, we realized that we are not the only ones who had a bad experience with A&A Reno. It was really a mistake on our part for not to have done a background search of A&A Reno before signing the contract.
Today on November 4, 2023 the shower started leaking again. we are spending our weekend removing the caulking and re-caulking
- Approximate cost of services: