In short, this is a cheap second-rate system designed with cost in mind over security. It is highly flaky in a number of areas:
1) Main Pad - For starters, it is several generations behind. The screen is monochrome and very slow to respond. It is literally, and quite comically, about the same size and interface as a 1991 Nintendo GameBoy. The response times are so slow that we only bother to use the mobile app. Not having a pretty interface is one thing, but being unfunctionally slow is another and it renders the pad nearly useless.
2) Mobile App - It requires several attempts to arm or disarm the system. On the first attempt, it always - always - either indicates the system is offline, or times out, or gives a password failure message, which requires waiting for up to a minute before retrying. This may not seem like a big deal at first, but when you are using this 2, 3, or 4 times a day, it gets extremely annoying.
2) Support - The support staff, while they often try their best, are extremely difficult to understand and on more than one occasion I have had to ask for someone else because it was just too difficult to interpret them. When you have a technical problem, especially a repeat problem and are already frustrated, an excessive language barrier only adds to the frustration. They also are unreliable at calling back in the indicated time frames. When you do express your frustration to them, they receive full marks for doling out meaningless copy-and-paste platitudes, but they are abysmal at actually resolving problems.
3) Sensors - In short, they are unreliable. They have a habit of un-sticking and falling on the floor which cause motion sensors to activate causing a false alert. More importantly, they also have a habit of losing WiFi connectivity or giving false readings. It is highly unsettling to be at work and seeing the system indicating your garage door is open, when in reality it isn't.
4) The end of the line for us was when after nearly a year of several calls and attempts to get a garage door sensor working, which they finally did fix, the technical team a couple of days later logged into our system and changed a setting without alerting me which caused the sensor to fail again, leaving us right back to square one. We weren't contacted or communicated with before hand, and quite frankly have lost all faith in this company as a result. It is one thing for the hardware to be faulty, but it is another for the company to be logging into our security system without our knowledge and changing settings.
I can accept that things don't always work perfectly, but this system has not actually been fully functioning for any extended period of time since we acquired it a year or so ago. The company has been infuriating to deal with from the very beginning and unfortunately despite our patience over the past year or so of using Think Protection, we have had to begin seeking another security system provider.