We planned our move for a while and did lots of research to find a moving company. My City Movers had great recommendations, but we had such a bad experience and have been ignored by the company so wanted to help others avoid the same mistake. We wanted professional movers that would carefully move our items and keep our home clean.
- When the movers came into our home for an initial review they did not remove their very dirty shoes and I had to ask them to remove them.
- They laid down a carpet runner to walk on in the house that was filthy. It had leaves, dirt and other debris that made our floors very dirty and left a mess for us to clean afterwards.
- The blankets used for protecting items were very dirty and our items needed cleaning after moving.
- The lead hand was minimally involved most of the time. He talked loudly while on his phone with personal calls for a substantial portion of the move. - - The lead spent time in the truck eating while the other two helpers packed items.
- One of the helpers used our washroom without asking.
- Our expensive mattresses were dropped several times on a muddy wet road, ripping the plastic covers protecting them. Both of our mattresses had dirt stains from the move which we had to clean ourselves. We had to wash our hardwood floors because the muddy plastic was dragged across our new floors. When we asked about them being dropped they denied it claiming it was the truck that made them dirty which was a very poor excuse. The truck floor was actually very dirty and our furniture and mattresses were dragged across the floor. When we mentioned the mattresses were damaged, there was no concern shown. We were simply told to complain to the company if we had an issue.
The movers were friendly but not at all professional. They just didnt seem to be aware of how to handle items carefully. They moved very slowly with minimum effort, acting like workers paid by the hour and had little motivation. I gave what I felt was a minimum tip, less than what I had planned on giving for satisfactory service. None of the movers sent were properly trained. I tried to contact the company so they could provide better training but was just ignored.