Alberta home services came to my house to do my basement carpets. After they left My daughter had a severe allergic reaction all over her body that put her in the hospital. (Her bedroom is in the basement). Many steroids later we got her under control and not knowing what happened I thought back to what happened that day and the only change was the carpet cleaning. I asked them about their cleaning solution which they said was natural and green but after seeing the msds from them I realized it was not. They had very little compassion for the situation and were happy to stand by their product and tell me that it must be me and our house with fairly new carpet that was the issue.
If you have any health problems, asthma or allergies this probably isn’t the right company. I have had my carpets cleaned before and never had a reaction. They did nothing to help us feel better about the situation.
- Company Response
We take all customer concerns seriously and empathize with the situation that occurred,
We work with the world-leading manufacturer of green cleaning products and have entrusted the use of their selection of products, as part of our professional services. We supplied the MSDS on the product used, to help validate the absence of any toxicological components. We believe that this situation is more coincidental rather than conclusive on the association of our cleaning service or product, to the described health situation that occurred.
We welcome further discussion with our management team, to assist with bringing an understanding of the situation.