I decided to get my roof done and started my search for a good roofer. I did some homework on what to look for in a roofing job. The first roofing company I contacted was Roofs on Homes. Their office staff was friendly and arranged an appointment with Rich. Rich came on time and well prepared with materials, information about the company, insurance details, brands and colors to chose from. I was impressed with the professionalism of Rich in his first visit itself. Since this is a major work and also since I was not having good knowledge on roofing, I decided to take few more quotes. My inquiries were not limited to cost alone- I had a checklist for each roofer- about their company, website, reviews, brand of shingles they use, types of warranties provided, how is the after install service, what kind of estimate details they provide, WSIB, Liability insurance, referrals etc. While some companies gave satisfying answers on many of these factors, none gave me the confidence in answers like how Rich did.
I got a tentative date from Rich and he kept me informed and gave me enough heads up on the schedule. The bin was delivered on time, the staff arrived on time, shingles were delivered on time- everything was well organized. Every staff member worked on their defined roles (spreading the sheets on the perimeter of the house, keeping plywood to cover glass panels etc). It was a nice experience to watch a well organized full day effort from the entire team. Danny and Chuck were a part of the team and that gave me a lot more confidence. Rich visited during the work and kept in constant touch with me over the phone. Overall- great experience and I understood how much tough this work is. The day the work was completed a good clean up was done for the entire home surroundings and neighbourhood. A follow up cleaning was done next day to ensure there is nothing left out.
If you are a customer like me who keeps quality of materials and quality of the roofer as top priority, you need someone like Roofs On Homes. The key highlights of Roofs On Homes, in my experience are
1. Sense of Ownership- right from Rich, Danny, Chuck, Office staff and the roofing staff- I see they take pride and ownership in what they do
2. Friendliness- Entire staff is very friendly and easy to work with- at all stages
3. Respect for Time- very important quality. All my appointments were scheduled well ahead of time and strictly followed by the team
4. High Quality standards- There is only one standard for Roofs On Homes. Quality of materials and Quality of workmanship- are very high for Roofs On Homes (Some other roofers I called will ask- what kind of quality you are looking for and I will price accordingly! That is a red flag to me.)
5. Knowledge in the Industry- Rich, Danny and Chuck have good knowledge on roofing and what it takes to get a good roof done. I started appreciating their knowledge after I completed my research with other roofers
6. Owners work with team: Everyone does the hard work with the team and the team work and energy level is evident
7. Overall Professionalism- In every aspect of the project, Roofs On Homes staff maintained strong professionalism.
Rich and Danny- Thank You for doing the roofing work for our home. We really appreciate your and your team’s great work and focus on quality. Keep up the fantastic job and enthusiasm!