Dome contracting was once listed on the Holmes on Holmes website and frankly took advantage of that fact. They are deceivers and did sub par work. Also said he needed the final payment before the job was inspected because he had to pay his workers. He seemed honest and nice but don't be fooled! he ran with the money and I spent 2 entire weekends finishing up what he said he has already done right to my face.
Here is a list of things not done correctly on the job:
1) Did not airseal bathroom fan or air vent to bathroom closet. Able to put fingers right through and push on bathroom fan from attic. Makes us concerned that no air sealing was done to all other air vents and light fixtures, even though Robert assured us it had been done and it was not. I had to go up and do this all myself.
2) Wall by thermostat not solved. John asked Robert to "do whatever you have to do to fix it". Cold draft still coming in after Robert foamed small amount of area.
3) Insulated Box for air exchanger was not closed at ends and left large opening on back side which makes it of no insulation value at ALL, therefore risk of pipes freezing and major damage.
4) Did not blow insulation properly across back of attic on far side of air exchanger. Found pieces of pink insulation (which should have been removed as per quote) in back section. When lifted up, no blown cellulose and can see right to ceiling boards.
5) Attic hatch is still not air sealed. Air is still coming in. Also styrofoam falling off in one section.
6) Frame around hatch constructed of styrofoam, not wood, and not attached securely at corners.
7) Did not remove debris and pink insulation as quoted. Have photos of all the junk left up there (big pieces of wood, etc).
8) Did not lay catwalk board to air exchanger and actually confirmed with us that it had been done.
9) Did not blow insulation into headers properly. We are able to see the hardware cloth we installed to keep the squirrels out. Also you didn't seal up this hole as you stated you would.
10) Debris from cutting out roof vents dumped in attic (left over sharp metal pieces, wood, roofing) did not complete the installation of 7th vent and left holes in the roof that rain started coming through.
11) One of the air ducts was knocked apart and blowing hot air straight into attic!!!
12) Handyman found drywall cuts on ceiling of furnace room to be poorly done and very difficult to repair so whole ceiling had to be replaced
13) Dripped foam on heaters and carpet and walls very sloppy no drop cloths used.
14) Did not blow insulation under shelf across front of house, had to have him come back to do that.