We had a good experience with Vlad who sold us our windows. He was very informative, accommodated our work schedule, and was quite charismatic. All other interactions we had with Ecoline have been disappointing:
1. Financing - The Finance company that Ecoline uses, FinanceIt was compromised. Within the first two months of our initial window installation, we received a letter in the mail from FinanceIt notifying us that their records have been breached and that our personal information may have been accessed by outside parties.
2. Installation - Respect: Despite being in my early 30's, I look quite young and I didn't feel like the installation crew was not very respectful. The supervisor did not answer my questions and did not address or take seriously the defects I pointed out until I started putting tape on the areas of concern.
3. Installation - Quality Control: Three windows with defects in them (low E coating splatter and bubbles in glass) were installed. It is a waste of our time and Ecoline's time to install windows with defects. Windows should be inspected at the shop before installation.
4. Defect Resolution: Two of the installed windows had bubbles in the glass. After doing some research online, we were concerned that the bubbles would impact the effectiveness of the gas in the windows and decrease the energy efficiency. The Ecoline Service manager proceeded to play a game with us, asking us what amount of money we would accept as a discount for the defect instead of replacing the window. When we responded with 20% of the email cost, they countered with $50/window which is about 2% of the cost of the window. It was a very unprofessional and unsatisfactory way to manage delivery and installation of a defective product.
5. Communication: Ecoline is not accommodating to a regular work schedule for communication. Both my husband and I work during the day and work in jobs where it is not always possible to make or receive personal phone calls. After the windows were purchased, Ecoline would not communicate us via email to schedule replacement of defective windows. They just left us voicemail messages or, when I called between 3:30 and 4:00pm when I got off work, the project manager wasn't in the office and none of the other office staff had access to the installer schedules to be able to propose a date for window replacement.
Overall, Sales was really the only satisfactory part of our experience with Ecoline.
- Company Response
Hello there, thank you very much for your detailed review about our company. First of all, we want to apologize for any inconveniences we might have caused you during the entire process. According to our records, these sealed units have been reordered and are ready to be replaced on December the 6th, 2019. We will speak with our service department agents along with all our installation crews to improve on our customers service skills.