RYR had very good ratings everywhere we looked. They're salesman seemed professional. We chose them over competing bids. First day they were supposed to come I took the day off work because they only access is through the house. I was told they would start at 7am. At 11 I called the office since there was no sign of them. I was told they rescheduled until the next day and someone should have called to let me know. They never called. Second day (another day off work) 7am start, 10:30 they finally arrived. They did not have the proper equipment so they only did a little bit of work and left. Third day (another day off work for me) they ran into problems that they weren't prepared for and couldn't finish the work. Pretty much the same thing happened for the next three visits which were a week apart. On the 4th visit they melted the vinyl siding with the torch and were not about to do anything about it. After 5 visits (5 weeks, 5 days off work for me) they were finally done a very mediocre job. Until last week when the downspout fell off....Did I mention in response to this review the manager Pavel offered me $500 to take down the review? Very trustworthy company
- Company Response
This review is inaccurate to say the least. The reviewer has left out facts that will be stated to balance out this review. We did make some mistakes in our work. We are not perfect at Royal York Roofing. What separates contractors is their actions to mistakes made. The reviewer has made no mention of our response to his concerns. Tawfik has neglected to mention that:
1. He requested a $500.00 discount on his invoice for work missed on the first day when he was not notified until 11 AM that we not be attending his work site. Tawfik works from home (this was confirmed by his spouse). We fail to understand how our not being there stopped him from his home based work. We compromised with a $200.00 discount.
2. On one of the days we were at his property at 7:30 AM to start work. Tawfik answered the door at 10:30 AM in his pajamas as he was asleep. We lost 3 hours of work, but with Tawfik losing time off work only works one way, his way.
3. We repaired the siding by replacing the siding which the torch melted.
4. We reattached the downpipe.
5. The work took 4 weeks (we have the paperwork to verify this). Tawfik was on vacation for 2 of the 4 weeks
6. And last but not least his cheque bounced for the work. Tawfik did indeed make the payment good after we chased him for 10 days.
We satisfied all his concerns, and we still have a zero rating. The roof does not leak and still a zero rating. We feel this mean spirited review reveals more about the writer than it does our company. We have many satisfied customers and reviews. We will leave it to the readers to judge the validity of this review.