Joseph Tavares did some stamped concrete work for us in 2007.
Front Porch, Front entrance walkway, as well as a large patio in the back yard.They never finished the front step on our porch, they left all their construction debris over the winter until my wife and I ordered a dumpster, filled it and paid for its disposal. Joseph Tavares has been promising us for the last three years that he will come and finish the job, he's gone with our money and left us a bunch of stamped concrete that is spalling, color is coming up, cracks have formed. Some of the other reputable stamped concrete firms are saying the only way to fix some of it is to break it up, remove and re-pour the concrete, needless to say at a staggering cost. Joseph Tavares advertised a five year warranty in his brochure, it may as well be a five minute warranty. Once he has your money, your warranty is over.
I have been calling, emailing this guy for three years and he has been promising for three years to come, that's when he is in the mood to answer your calls or emails.
My advice is customer beware, do your research, get references, and don't get burned like us by this smooth talking salesman.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Improve quality of their work, establish some form of customer service.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Find someone reputable and save yourself a lot of headache. Also, NEVER EVER make your final payment until EVERYTHING is finished and cleaned up.