We had an undetectable leak from our basement toilet that went on for years. We recently discovered it when water started to come up from the floor cracks. Insurance was doing their usual avoidance dance. The smell of sewage was awful and we were scared about our health.
Our experience with Mold Busters (bullet list)
1. Could not get a hold of any other company. Had to leave messages, never got calls back, and those we did manage to speak to were horribly unprofessional.
2. Sent Mold Busters an email through their website after hours and got a reply in less than 10 minutes. They called us the next day during business hours.
3. Spoke to Mold Busters, and they answered our questions professionally and with obvious knowledge/experienced. We booked them to come over the same day for an inspection, which cost $75.
4. The technician called us on his way to our home to say he would be 10 minutes early, and if that was ok. Again, WOW. Early, and courteous. He arrived in an unmarked car and was very well dressed.
5. Polite inspector, who took more time than probably necessary to answer all of our questions and concerns. Thoroughly explained what was happening, what needed to happen, and gave us tips to help mitigate the problem in the interim.
6. They sent us an estimate the same day! The price was a little staggering at first ($4000), but we were confident that they were the right people. We accepted the quote, and scheduled the work for the following day.
7. The "crew" arrived on time the next morning, and were all polite. No marked vehicles and all very professional. We left for work, and came home to a completed project. They even cleaned our main level (although it was unaffected).
8. The basement area was IMMACULATE, and the sewage odors - gone! The had to remove more floor and drywall materials than they had planned, but it did not change the price, which we were surprised to hear. Very impressive.
9. A few days later, the same original inspector came back to follow up and take some air samples. The results came back about 4 days later, and we were good!
All in all, this was our first time dealing with a "mold removal" company. We didn't really know where to turn, or what to expect, especially after insurance blew us off.
This is a great company with probably the most friendly employees I have ever met. They took care of everything and really put our stressed-out minds at ease. Everything about them was top notch. Highly, highly recommend.