New furnace and duct work installed in October/07. Furnace was not properly grounded with fan was running constantly, control board short circuited and caught on fire. Would not recommend this company.
** Added in response to owners comments - yes, there definitely was a fire in the control panel (not just melted wires) and it was caused by your faulty installation of the furnace which was not properly grounded back to the main electrical panel.The emergency shut off switch to the furnace didn't work either and there was never an issue with my electrical panel. There were 3 firetrucks, 2 police cars and an ambulance sent to my house due to that fire and a house filled with acrid black smoke. I consider myself lucky to have been home at the time, because if I hadn't been there to react quickly, it could have been a major disaster. The TSSA report, and I still have a copy and the photographs, shows that your company was negligent. Another furnace HAD to be installed due to the fire and the fact that the gas company, fire dept and TSSA deemed the furnace condemned. Dealing with your company after this incident was a nightmare and your response to my review are not the events as they happened. Interesting that you waited 3 years to post a response to my review!!
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
Our technician installed a new replacement furnace and connected it to the existing wiring. There was no fire, but the control board failed, melting several wires. Upon investigation with the Technical Standards & Safety Authority, it was determined that the previously-installed main electrical panel was not grounded by the installing electrician. The customer had to have her electrician install a grounding circuit. Even though Metropolitan could have repaired the failed part and wiring, we installed a new replacement furnace at no cost to the customer.