April 22, 2020 - I have a 23 year old fireplace that would go out within minutes of turning it on. The technician, Scott, diagnosed it as an orifice issue and recommended replacing the original thermocouple while he had the unit apart. He kept the area clean and clear while doing his repair, touched up the firebox paint and checked the switch. A leak check showed no carbon monoxide leak from the unit. It certainly was better than having to replace the whole fireplace at a much higher cost. I will definitely call again if I need further service. Actually, this was our second visit by GasFix. Dwayne was here two years ago to clean and service the fireplace.
Laidman family, Mount Hope, ON