It seemed to happen all at once, but I know it was many seasons of freeze/thaw that caused three good sized sections of the brick on one side of my house to start to spall. The side was along the narrow walkway between my home and my neighbour. Two sections were at the level of the first/second floors and the last up on the third floor. One contractor took a look at the third floor part and just walked away due to the difficulty involved.
Brian came by and walked with me around the house, making a couple of good suggestions. I believe it was 80 - 100 bricks that needed replacing and a good deal of mortar work. I also asked for two limestone sills that had begun to decay to be replaced.
I was away after the first morning of the repairs, but had already developed trust in Brian. When I returned I found:
1. the brick that had weathered for over a century had been very well matched;
2. the mortaring was matched as well, and a great deal more was done than I expected;
3. the sills came very close to matching the original sills: and
4. the area was cleaner than when I left!
I believe the cost was more than reasonable for such skilled and professional work and would highly recommend Brian and his team to anyone looking for honest and skilled tradesmen.
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
Thank you so much!!!!!!!