This has been the absolute worst experience with a home reno/construction company I have ever had. This is an updated review now that I've had time to sort out the mess, make a plan to fix things and after the Google review was somehow removed. I do think its important for this experience and learning to be shared. The company was hired for approx 10 days of work and it ended after only 4 days. After day 1 of very poorly "completed" work , the agreed upon quotes were now 50% and 75% higher, he refused to fix our staircase as planned unless i paid an additional $1000-$4000 so that had to be scrapped. He refused other work as agreed upon and did a very poor job of the work he didn't even complete. Front yard landscape design costs fizzled quickly as well. Any attempt to approach the issue was met with threats to quit , sue or some odd comments that left me feeling handcuffed to this contract. On the final day after I was told to back off and not micromanage, I left him to do the work but asked that no new jobs be started. Just finish/fix what was started . However At the end of this day I found an existing storage area had some work started anyway. We were not told about this and actually found our personal ersonal items left inside behind new framing and drywall. The Cabinet doors Now had holes for handles cut but there were no plans for door handles to begin with. After one final morning of watching our front door being damaged while trying to install a new latch, he wanted to quit and i wanted him to leave. After being threatened with a lawsuit for not paying for a bin that was never asked for, the bin sat on the road blocking neighbors from parking until I called the company about it . A few days later I received an invoice that had no HST or license number, no wsib info and extremely vague charges that I could not figure out. Eventually, after he didn't get his money and I didn't get my deposit back, his lawyer became involved and I was overwhelmed with the inappropriate language and threats of small claims. I was eventually mentally wiped and willing to pay $1500 to end it but it wasn't enough. I then offered to pay but needed proof of jobs being done on paper and a business number but only if I paid them over $4000..... But then I noticed some issues and contacted a new company for an assessment of their work. This is what was found: 2 Smoke detectors completely covered by drywall. One detector was near the furnace and connected to the local fire department. Rendered useless. All of the ceiling drywall had to be demolished. 2 electrical junction boxes were sealed behind drywall as well causing serious safety issues. Huge Drywall screws pierced through air ducts, completely wrong measurements for drywall and the wrong wood used as well. The drywall was mudded and then had tape followed by more mudding. Other areas had no tape or no mud or the gaps between were too large to finish Front deck was cut using less material and the wrong wood therefore we could not paint anything Interior door was installed wrong, cemented steps had cracks This lead to a damage report and a 3rd company assessed the cost to fix everything to be 3 times the amount I paid tmd originally. Never again.
Alarm has been tripped twice in the last 2 weeks. I was worried that they have not sent any emails about offers or anything else in a while. Purposely set off my alarm and sat there for 5 minutes waiting for a call. Nothing
Sorry to hear about your incident. If you are experiencing issues please contact us and I'm sure we can review your file and explain the timing and sequence of events.