I'm a Toronto-based dad with 2 daughters who hired Augusta Movers (3-person team) last May 31, 2020.
Pros: They are on-time and straightforward.
Cons: There was a damage on the floor that was pointed out after the move (see attached photo). The owner investigated and claimed no responsibility and offered an explanation that I found implausible.
After a discussion, I said I will just post my personal account and review on Homestars. I was threatened with legal action if I posted something that harmed their reputation. (Interpret this any way you like.)
My stressful experience with Augusta Movers shaped my opinion that there are better alternatives out there that are more customer-friendly and easier to deal with.
After reading the company's response, it is really disheartening that they have responded that way. There are factual errors, such as:
- The "bad credit card account" was just a typo which was corrected immediately.
- I owned up to my mistake of the booking time by actually paying them and not contesting the hours of work.
- The place was cleaned to the best to my ability, as a dad with 2 young kids. To characterize our previous home as "unsanitary" is borderline slander because aside from the usual house dirt and dust, there was nothing that alarmed the movers when they performed the move.
- On a related note, their team did not have the proper personal protective equipment (such as masks and gloves) during their job.
- I had them move on a Sunday, got a quote from a handyman on Monday, and Dinko (the business owner) and I met on a Tuesday. I think the timeline is pretty reasonable and was spurred by the damage.
- I actually called Dinko on the day of the move, but he did not respond. When asked why, he said "he's a busy man." It took me a day to get in touch with him to set up an inspection of the damage. His delay gave me time to actually book a quote from a service provider.
More importantly: There's a reason I provided my full name to the review because I stand by my reputation and I was seeking resolution for a damage, which is well within customer rights and protection. To paint me as someone who is "simply after the money" is inaccurate and anti-customer.
I hope the company's response will give potential customers what kind of company you could be dealing with.