Hired to renovate my kitchen & extending areas. Had mulitiple references which I checked and all were positive. He only accomplished 2% of what the scope of the work was needed, and then went missing. The pantry that he framed in was done completely wrong and had to be redone. There was a huge mess in my home and I had to remove my old kitchen cabinets myself before finding another contractor to replace him. The fellow he brought in for tile removal took 3 days to get 1/4 of the work done. My neighbors told me he spent more time smoking outside then working. I hired my own fellow and he did it all in 1.5 days He took my deposit money of $14,400 but later returned $6,550.00. All his tools were left in my home, which was good as it became a bargaining tool for me too help recover some of the money he took for work not completed.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Don't take off more than you can do.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Only go with well established contractors with excellent reputations.