We hired Nordik to install all new windows for us. They came to install them in April 2021 and did such a horrible job - they even broke one of the windows while installing it - and we’ve been waiting ever since for them to return to complete the job.
An overview of the issues (see photos for more details):
- Bay window in main bedroom: Shims not removed; flashing slopes towards the house; New flashing was installed on top of the old flashing instead of replacing it; plugs to cover screws in the frame do not stay in place; sloppy caulking on exterior; gaps in spray foam around interior; missing trim pieces between centre and sides of bay.
- Bedroom window: The lower portion of the hung window does not stay open when opened.
- Upstairs bathroom window: Poor application of spray foam; gaps can be seen around the window; no spray foam applied from the exterior (the window is sealed with <1/4'' bead of spray foam from the interior only).
- Dining room window: Shims were left in place; frame appears to have been bowed in by application of spray foam.
- Living room window: Visible space between the opening part of the window and the frame on the right hand side when the window is closed; frame appears to have been dropped based on the compression dent on the opposing side of the frame; gaps in exterior caulking.
- Two basement windows: Exterior caulking was applied without cleaning dirt off the window sills therefore the caulk doesn't stick to anything.
- The installers left a lot of garbage behind and attempted to clean their mess up with just a broom (I've never seen contractors show up without a vacuum); many shims left in place; numerous missing trim pieces.
After the installers left, we called them to ask when they were returning to complete the work. They said that they were done and that the job was complete. It's painfully obvious that the work is not complete. A few days after the installers left, a supervisor from Nordik did come out to inspect the work, and agreed that it was subpar and needed correcting and completing. That was early April 2021. Nearly three months later, and they have not returned to complete the work, nor given us a concrete date of completion. Instead, we continue to get the runaround and a story about 'waiting on parts that will be ready in a couple of weeks.'
It’s near impossible to reach someone on the phone and if you do, you’re assured that someone from service will return your call. They don’t. Very tired of the runaround from Nordik and we’re really regretting hiring them. If you’re in the market for new windows/doors, DO NOT HIRE Nordik.
- Company Response
Hi Kate, We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issue. We tried to locate your order without success. Please contact us at 416-332-2585