Had our garage door installed in July 2020. They forgot to order the hardware we paid extra for, and forgot to write down that we wanted the capping replaced. No problem, we will figure it out. Garage door gets installed, but the capping is done only on ‘Tuesdays’ with weather permitting. Fine. September rolls around... was told they would be here on a Tuesday, no show, called them again, oh yes it might be late OCT?! Was told they’d be here on a Friday. No show, but they only do the capping on Tuesday’s?! Fast forward - it’s now mid NOV, and NO Capping, no call, left a message and no return call. Terrible. Service. I would never in a million years recommend them. UPDATE: cancelled for us again, said maybe Thursday, when I told her we are going elsewhere, she got mad, yelled at me, said other customers have been waiting longer and proceeded to hang up on me. TERRIBLE. UPDATE: I would just like respond to the company’s reply to my review... NOT once was I ‘abusive’ speaking to the ‘receptionist’, when I called her back on the Monday - because she hadn’t responded to my husband’s voicemails from the Thursday prior, in regard to them NOT showing up on the Tues OR Wed., we were miraculously on schedule for the next day, weather permitting of course... I get a call back saying, ‘he cannot come until Thursday now’. At this point I have already called another company, because I knew full well I would NOT see them that week. When I explained to her we had waited FOUR months and we would go elsewhere to get it done, she rudely yelled at me, I couldn’t even speak to her she was yelling so rudely, and then proceeded to hang up on me. She DID NOT follow her so called protocol of ‘politely ending the conversation’. FAR FROM IT. If you are too busy and cannot do the job, stop misleading customers, so they can get the job done elsewhere. We did in fact ask for the capping done both sides and TOP, IN JULY, when we placed our order, NOT in SEPT., when you actually ordered the capping. Your information is quite false, and I hope people do not believe your response to my review. Why would I want capping done only on two sides - when spending the money to do a brand new door. By the way, when I had the wonderful, excellent, well corresponding and POLITE capping company complete the job as they said they would, they also tightened all the bolts you neglected to tighten when you installed the garage door. Sadly you’re blaming the customer, and the customer is always right. Maybe you should take into consideration, if you’ve got too much on your plate, be upfront with it. And don’t try to pass the buck and blame the paying customer for your poor services.
- Company Response
1) The extra hardware was back-ordered by our supplier. Rather than delay the install, we installed the door and then went back to install the special hardware.
2) The Customer did not order capping when they purchased the door.
3) Capping for the sides only was ordered on September 9th, and they did not order a complete capping job, just replace the two damaged sides.
4) Like everything in life, you have to wait your turn. Lots of people have ordered capping and did it ahead of this customer.
5) Handling the material on a windy day can be difficult. It was too windy on Tuseday to even consider capping.
6) The customer was told that they would have the work done on the following Thursday.
7) Apparently that was not acceptab;e, and they were not in the mood for any explanation. They cancelled the order, then became abusive on the phone, and our policy is to politely end the call.
8) We had other customers that accepted the delay and their capping is done.
9) we have over 26k customers and do our best to meet the customer's expectations. Occasionally neither our nor the customer's expectations are met. This appears to be one of those instances.