I reached out to a few companies and Farzad came over to give me a quote. He was professional and explained the system really well. He was very knowledgable and took the time to address all my concerns. On the day of installation, the team was headed by Farshid who did a very clean install. He was punctual and completed his work within the time he quoted. The place was left nice and clean.
Thank you so much for using Maple Air Inc for your ductless system installation and leaving us such a positive review. We loved working with you and are so happy you appreciate our service. Don't hesitate to reach out for any future projects, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
Customer Success Manager
Maple Air Inc
Our AC died and these folks came to the rescue! It was installed within days- a big thanks
Thank you so much for using Maple Air Inc for your Mitsubishi Ductless project and leaving us such a positive review. We loved working with you and are so happy you appreciate our service. Don't hesitate to reach out for any future projects, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
Maple Air Inc
Recommended by a good friend. Needed AC and Maple Air delivered on time and on one of the hottest days of the year. I had a plan and Maple Air listened and presented something better and more suitable for the job required. Installed three units inside house and one large unit outside. House was cool with in an hour with outside temp above 36C
Thank you so much for using Maple Air Inc for your Ductless multi zone heatpump system installation and leaving us such a positive review. We loved working with you and are so happy you appreciate our service. Don't hesitate to reach out for any future projects, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
Customer Success manager
Maple Air Inc
*** Background ***
My home is a ~1200 sq. ft. bungalow, about 23 years old.
The job was to:
- Replace the furnace, AC, and water heater.
- Install a smart thermostat
- Configure/rewire the existing central humidifier to work with the new system and be controllable via the smart thermostat.
I was in no rush, and made this clear to all companies providing quotes.
Based on my own observations and the opinions of the 6+ reps from various companies who attended my place to quote a price, the job was not difficult. Everything was accessible, all core electrical/plumbing/gas lines/drains etc. were already in place, and everything could be easily made to fit.
I gave the job to Maple Air based on them offering/having the best overall package in my view at the time, based on price, equipment being installed, warranty offered, installation quality assurances, internet reviews etc.
*** Review ***
Overall Impressions of the Installation Team: The installation team were polite, friendly, kept my place clean, were working hard for almost 12 hours to get the entire job done, and their gas fitting/plumbing work was AFAICT first rate.
My overall impression with the installation, after all was said and done, was that it was decent. Some parts of the installation were great, others were okay, and one thing was plain unacceptable in my view. I one thing (which was eventually fixed) I attribute to the 2-person install team trying to be done in one day, when IMHO, more time (or another person) would have been helpful. Details below:
1. Water heater install was great (10/10). Installer(s) clearly knew what they was doing, set it up properly, had no difficulty answering questions etc. Install was tested and verified to be working.
2. Furnace install was decent overall, with one potential issue (8/10). The unit was tested and verified to be working of job completion. The one potential issue was with the condensate drain installation - ½” piping was used (when the furnace installation manual calls for ¾” minimum) and it was initially set up in a configuration the furnace installation manual specifically says not to do. [Update: I followed up with Maple Air, who advised me they followed up with Carrier. According to the feedback Maple Air attributes to Carrier, the initial condensate drain set up was acceptable. I don’t quite understand how a Carrier rep can say the set up was fine, while the installation manual states it’s not fine, but here we are. I ended up changing the condensate drain set up to something the installation manual AND the Carrier rep approved of, and was compensated by Maple for my time/expense.]
3. Air Conditioner installation was decent, and the system works well overall (8/10). I had the exterior condensing unit mounted on brackets, and the brackets used looked to be of high quality powder-coated metal (as opposed to uncoated cheap L-channel). The brackets were also well fastened the foundation. There's no noise or vibration issues when the unit is running. Evaporator unit installation also seems fine.
The manner in which the hole in the exterior brickwork (through which electrical/refrigerant lines run) was patched could have been done better IYAM - the gobs of silicone sealant on the exterior sealed the hole well but looks amateurish in its application. Further, the type of silicone sealant used (acetoxy curing which produces acetic acid) appeared to corrode/discolour the surface of a copper refrigerant line. [Update: The corrosion seems cosmetic and has not changed perceptibly in the days following the install.]
4. Humidifier Rewiring/Reconfiguration was flawed (Initial: 2/10. Updated to 6/10 based on Maple Air’s overall response to the issue when I brought it up with them).
On the date of installation, my existing humidifier was not hooked up properly to the new furnace/thermostat and its operation was not properly tested prior to job completion. The technician (inaccurately) attributed the humidifier not turning on to an already-acceptable level of humidity in the house when the actual issue was a loose wire. I don’t think the technician had every hooked up an existing humidifier as a controlled accessory to an Ecobee SmartThermostat before - he seemed to be getting assistance over the phone from someone he called regarding the wiring. Further, the Ecobee had a dedicated equipment testing mode he didn’t seem to be aware of and didn’t use. I tried the testing mode (while the technicians were still around) and the humidifier did not turn on. I brought this up with the lead technician, who repeatedly attributed this issue to an already acceptable level of humidity in the house and said it’d be fine. I continued to debug it after the install team left and found out the issue was actually a loose wire (a connection from the humidifier to the furnace hadn’t been screwed down properly). Once that got sorted out, the humidifier worked fine. In terms of workmanship standards, I view this as unacceptable.
[Update: Maple Air has since apologized for the error and compensated me for the issue. Based on my overall dealings with the company, I’m of the view that Maple Air stands behind their installations, responds reasonably to concerns that are brought up, and will appropriately remedy the situation if given the opportunity.]
I'd like to share my current and continuing experience with the Carrier authorized dealer Maple Air and a new AC:
- We bought a 2-ton AC, but Maple Air incorrectly installed a 1.5-ton AC in July 2019. (Cooling not typically needed from Sept - April in Toronto, Canada)
- Summer 2020 the AC frequently and consistently failed to cool, Maple Air sent 2 technicians without resolving the issue other than adding more "gas" (i.e. refrigerant)
- We reached out to the manufacturer - Carrier, and Carrier Service Technician concluded this is a AC sizing issue but the only route to resolve is through Maple Air.
- As of today: Maple Air has not agreed with any refund or compensation other sending another Maple Air service technician.
I have requested a refund from Maple Air. I will update this situation and I welcome Maple Air to comment.
Thank you for your feedback on this matter. We do appreciate you taking the time to share this with us and we are working to resolve this matter.
We do want to apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused but We as a company do stand by our clients and we do what is within our power to resolve any issues to bring positive experience for you and other customers.
1) Your situation is being managed by our Technical manager and as per the policy of 100% satisfaction guaranteed we do have to attempt to resolve the issue before proceeding with the refund or replacement process.
2)The refund process on its own has it's measures and limitation which we would gladly discuss and move forward with you as per your qualification
3) As per our Email to you we do need to get in touch with Carrier Representative which is managing your case and have our technical supervisor visit the your home to find out what the defining issue is on your tenant not feeling cool in the house. We will assure you that if the issue is sizing of the product or anything related to our services and products we will assist you and resolve any issues. The sizing of your product is not correct will be corrected by Maple Air
4) We do want to assist you in the process Jerome and we kindly ask that you do cooperate in the process and let's take necessary steps to find a solution for your property. We understand that you are not currently available in the city and your tenant is occupying the space and we do ask that you allow us and Carrier to take necessary actions to resolve this matter for you.
5) We understand your frustration but Maple Air has built a reputation on customer experience but we do need you to also understand the process and allow us to take the proper actions to reach the final solution. We will assure you that if we can diagnose the inside of the house and outdoor unit along with our technical manager we can resolve the issue. It would be impossible to determine if the size of the unit is undersized as this is the exact tonnage of unit you had in the house previously. But anyhow if the unit is determined to be undersized we can replace the unit for a larger tonnage.
If you like to speak with our customer success manager we would gladly assist and you call the office @ 1877-780-6667 between hours of 9am to 5pm and either speak with our technical supervisor managing your case or customer success manager.
Thank you and we look forward finding a solution for you.
Heating and Cooling
Great service from beginning to end. Sales staff very knowledgeable and always responsive and helpful. The installers were very professional. Overall the entire experience was great. I plan to get other products in the future from Maple Air.
Thank you so much for using Maple Air Inc for your Furnace installation and leaving us such a positive review. We loved working with you and are so happy you appreciate our service. Don't hesitate to reach out for any future projects, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
Customer Success Manager
Maple Air Inc
Farzad was very clear with his recommendations and took the time to listen to our needs.
Farshid did a great job with the installation. On time, clean and most importantly made the input into the house blend in nicely.
Highly recommend this company and their associates
Thank you so much for using Maple Air Inc for your Mitsubishi Ductless heat-pump project and leaving us such a positive review. We loved working with you and are so happy you appreciate our service. Don't hesitate to reach out for any future projects, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
Maple Air Inc
I had an 8 year old Mitsubishi ductless AC replaced. Reza visited within a couple of days of my call. I had obtained 2 separate quotes and Maple Air was lower by $1000. Once I let Reza know my decision to become their customer, the install took place within a few days at my next availability. The gentlemen were clean and polite and even helped me with changing a lightbulb while they had the ladder. This all during a heat wave that won't quit! I am very happy with the service and the unit! I would recommend Maple Air to anyone.
Thank you so much for using Maple Air Inc for your Ductless system project and leaving us such a positive review. We loved working with you and are so happy you appreciate our service. Don't hesitate to reach out for any future projects, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
Maple Air Inc
After putting up with a portable, noisy A/C for two summers it was time to invest in a professionally installed ductless system. The Maple Air team - from sales/consultation to installation - was professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient: a rarity these days with contractors. So far we are thoroughly enjoying the recommended singe unit model, and look forward to many more summers of climate controlled comfort in our bungalow.
Thank you so much for using Maple Air Inc for your Ductless Air conditioner project and leaving us such a positive review. We loved working with you and are so happy you appreciate our service. Don't hesitate to reach out for any future projects, we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
Maple Air Inc
At Maple Air Inc Heating and Cooling we value "Quality Service" and our goal is to bring comfort to your home and ultimately your family. We specialize in Installation, Repair, and Maintenance of all heating and cooling systems for both residential and commercial. Our knowledgeable service team is fully dedicated to help you with any issues and inquiries regarding your heating and cooling needs.
Maple Air Inc. Services:
•Gas Water Heater
•Indoor Air Quality Systems
•Duct Work for residential and Commercial
•Gas Piping for BBQ & Stove