Never assume there is one way to install a bay window. I was so shocked by how bad the windows looked, I took photographs to show to my friends. They couldn't believe the way it was done. I could not live with the windows the way they looked and had the installer take them out and re-do them. The installer got paid for his work both times (i.e., it pays to do it wrong the first time). Welda covered half of the re-install, I had to cover the other half. A bathroom window turned out to be flawed but you could only see the flaws when the windows were steamed. I didn't bother to complain about that because it was clear to me that for Welda it is all about money, not reputation. I will never deal with them again.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- The installers need to consult with the home owner before the start installation to explain what they plan to do.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Unfortunately you can't leave a contractor alone in your house without taking on significant risk.
- Company Response
Official Response from Welda Windows & Doors.
"I'm sorry, we've been through our records very carefully looking for this customer and can't find any job that matches this description. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we were surprised and concerned to read this review. If the customer could please contact us at 1-800-579-3532 right away we'd be happy to look into this and do our best to make things right."